We are always looking for anyone interested in becoming a volunteer. Volunteers play a very important role here at the shelter. Whether it's socializing with the animals, doing some yard maintenance, or helping out at a BBQ, the selflessness of the volunteers is very much appreciated. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Come volunteer for the Bonnyville SPCA! Do your part to love animals!
Dog grooming and bathing, dog walkers, socializing puppies, and general help around the shelter. Playing with the cats & kittens, they enjoy the company.
Help out with bartending for special occasions, flipping burgers & hot dogs for BBQ'S, and many other possibilities of volunteering for fundraising activities.
Donations to the Bonnyville SPCA
We accept your empty bottles. If you wish to drop off your bottles you can do so at the shelter or right at the Dove Centre. Inform the Dove Centre that your bottles are for the SPCA and they will help to unload them, you do not have to stay & sort.
We accept used cat & dog toys, blankets, towels - all must be in good condition.
We accept Canadian Tire money, gift cards. These help us to purchase day to day items such as kitty litter, collars, leashes, toys and any other items we need.
You can make donations in person, by mail, over the phone, or online. We accept cash, cheque, debit & credit cards at the SPCA. We have a paypal account if you wish to donate through paypal.
We are also a registered charity with CanadaHelps.org Please help us to continue to help all the animals in the Bonnyville and surrounding area. Thank you.
Our Wish List
- Kuranda dog beds small, medium and large size
- Kuranda cat beds, Kuranda cat towers, Kuranda Kitty Kot.
- Medium & Large Stainless Steel Dishes for dogs
- Large Ceramic Water Dishes for cats
- Chew Toys for Dogs/Puppies - Large Kongs, Rope Toys, Squeaky Toys
- Puppy Pee Pads
- Non Clumping Kitty Litter
- Kitty Litter Scoopers
- Dog Chain Collars 12" & larger
- Heavy duty chain or nylon dog leashes
- Office Supplies including the following:
- Printer paper 81/2" x 11, and 81/2"x 14" , white & colors, & file folders same sizes.
- Permanent Markers & Dry Erase Markers & Eraser Brush - black & colors,
- Paper clips, standard staples, highlighters.
- Laundry Soap, Regular Bleach, Unscented Bounce Sheets, Mr. Clean, Brooms/Dustpans/ Yacht mop heads 17 oz, Lysol Disinfectant Spray, Liquid Dish Soap, Size Medium Latex Disposable Gloves, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Virkon(only available at the vet clinic)
- Electric AM/FM radios with or without a cd player.
- 20" or smaller TV & DVD combination units. The cats watch their kitty sitter animal dvds during the day.
- And of course some doggy and kitty treats.
- Thank you for all of your support!
Donate to the Jenny Injured Animal Fund
If you wish to donate to the JENNY INJURED ANIMAL FUND please state that when making your donation. All donations over $ 10.00 receive a donation tax receipt.
WE SELL THE DNAMYDOG KITS. FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL OR STOP BY THE BONNYVILLE & DISTRICT SPCA TO PICK UP YOUR KIT !